If you're searching for a general liberal studies program, this could be the place for you. During your studies you can draw from four categories – Humanities, Social Science, Science, and Creative and Performing Arts.
- Campus: Okanagan
- Faculty: Irving K. Barber Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
- Degree: Bachelor of Arts
- Length 4 yrs
You can combine your studies with full-time, paid work at top local and international organizations.
You can study intense specialization in a single field.
This program provides a general liberal studies education with a curriculum of courses drawn from Humanities, Social Science, Science, and Creative and Performing Arts.
An alternative option is to design a program with a defined theme. Current thematic options are Cognitive Science, Latin American Studies, and Gender and Women’s Studies.Send details
A UBC education will introduce you to people and ideas from around the world, open doors to new opportunities, and take you places you never imagined. You’ll graduate not only with expertise in your chosen field, but with the skills you need to continue growing, learning, and evolving with your career over time.
English is the language of instruction at UBC. All prospective students must demonstrate English-language competency prior to admission. There are numerous ways to meet the English Language Admission Standard.
General admission requirements
IB Diploma Programme
- Completed IB Diploma, including at least three Higher Level courses.
IB Certificate Courses
- IB Certificate courses (Standard and Higher Level) may be used in an admissions average if you are graduating from a recognized high school curriculum that can be used as your basis of admission.
- IB Math Applications and Interpretations SL, or IB Math Studies, do not satisfy the math requirement for admission to UBC’s science-based programs, the Faculty of Management, the UBC Sauder School of Business, or the Vancouver School of Economics.
- Ok test
Degree-specific requirements: Arts
- No specific courses required beyond those needed for general admission
The following subject categories are particularly relevant for this degree. Consider taking courses in these areas in your junior year and senior year.
- Language Arts
- Mathematics and Computation
- Second Languages
- Social Studies
- Visual and Performing Arts