Congratulations to all Canadian students who’ve received an offer of admission to UBC. Now that you’ve been admitted, you’re ready for Destination UBC!
What is Destination UBC?
If you’ve received an offer from more than one university, it can be tough to decide where you want to study in September – especially with the global pandemic halting in-person campus visits. To help you discover whether UBC is the right home for you, we invite you to join us for Destination UBC!
Destination UBC is a two-week virtual event to help you explore what makes UBC such a vibrant place to live, play, and study. You’ll connect with other newly admitted students, current UBC students, and UBC staff members and faculty. Join us online for as many exciting and informative sessions as you’d like, which will help you to make your decision and prepare you for university life.
Destination UBC sessions
There are more than 70 sessions in total for Destination UBC – but don’t worry; you’re not expected to go to all of them! You can create your own timetable from the range of sessions on offer, and make a schedule that suits you. You can look forward to:
- Kickoff session: In this 30-minute welcome, meet your fellow students for the first time as you celebrate your offers together and discover more about the Destination UBC event. Join in to win prizes!
- Indigenous sessions: Find out more about what it’s like to be an Indigenous student at UBC, and start building your community. Take part in fun activities with our Indigenous student ambassadors, meet your new classmates, and learn about what it’s like to be an Indigenous student at UBC.
- Faculty sessions: Be welcomed by your new faculty members, discover how to register for your courses, and find out about your first steps. Best of all, you’ll get to meet other new students in your degree program. If your Faculty has any updates about COVID-19, they’ll share them with you here.
- Social events: Start building your community at UBC early. Meet current students and ask them what life is like at UBC, and begin making your first connections with your fellow incoming class.
- Info sessions: Choose from four different sessions to discover more about what to expect in the months ahead, and when you arrive at UBC. You can learn about finances, housing, mental health and wellbeing, and what you can do with your degree after you graduate.
- Campus tours: During these 75-minute Zoom sessions, you’ll learn more about UBC, see photos from some of our favourite spots around your new campus, and hear from current UBC students about their experiences in class, residence, and beyond.
Save the date
Join us online between April 24 and May 7 for Destination UBC.
Mark your calendars – registration will open on March 8.